Program Category: Diabetes Prevention, Diabetes Support
Self Management Programs
Self-Management Programs (Toronto Central Region)
For individuals 18 years of age or older living with one or more long-term health condition who want to learn more about their role in their disease management.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic a number of programs are being offered virtually. If you need support please click on the green “Get Connected” box below.
What to expect
- Programs are FREE (OHIP is not required)
- Participants who attend receive:
- Workshop resources (textbook, CDs, and booklet)
- TTC travel support
- Light refreshments
- Gift card
- Group programs are led by individuals who have experience living with various long term health conditions whom have been trained to offer the programs and services.
- A typical group size is 10 to 16 individuals.
- This program will not conflict with existing programs or treatments. It is designed to support any other disease-specific education that the individual may be receiving.
This program is a regional initiative led by South Riverdale Community Health Centre that works in partnership with a range of organizations across Toronto to offer programs and services to groups from locations within the community.
Specific program details
There are a number of programs offered. Unique information about each specific program can be found in the table below.