Get connected to one or more of the programs below for support with diabetes prevention (step 3)
Knowing our risk and how to reduce it helps us to stay healthy.
Support for Children & Youth
Children’s Hospitals across Canada support diabetes prevention among children and youth through the operation of the Meant2Prevent website. This hub features evidence-based, pediatric-focused resources on healthy living and type 2 diabetes prevention for both healthcare professionals and families.
Support for Adults
The programs below offer support to individuals 18 years of age or over to lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes for both themselves and their family members.
Less is known about how to lower the risk of developing other types of diabetes (for more information visit our Am I at Risk page).
- Canadian Diabetes Prevention Program - LMC HealthcareA FREE 12-month, digital health coaching program that empowers adults at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes to live a healthier life and reduce their risk.
- Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation Program (UHN)6 month program at Toronto Rehab Institute for those with or at risk of diabetes
- Diabetes CanadaInformation and tools for those with or at risk of diabetes and the healthcare providers supporting them
- Diabetes Prevention Programs - Toronto Public HealthPrograms & information for those at risk of diabetes
- Indigenous Diabetes Health CircleWorkshops & information for those at risk of diabetes and the healthcare providers supporting them
- Meant2Prevent - Canada's Children's Hospital FoundationsEvidence-based, pediatric-focused resources on healthy living and type 2 diabetes prevention for both healthcare professionals and families.